Join the P.S. 139 faculty, staff, administration, PA members, and nearly one hundred New York Cares Day volunteers for a productive day of gardening, painting, cleaning, and organizing to help refresh our school building and grounds! Murals to be painted will include beloved book characters such as Elephant and Piggie, by Mo Willems, Houndsley and Catina, by James Howe, and the Crayons from Drew Daywait’s The Day the Crayons Quit. Thanks to artist Whitney Harris for returning to help with our new murals!
P.S. 139 parents and caregivers can arrive between 9:30-10:00am to help. No need to register and no children, please. The day will wrap up between 1:30-2:00pm. For information on last year’s New York Cares Day, please click HERE.
Hope to see you there!
To choose from the complete list of volunteer opportunities available, please click HERE for the Harvest Night 2016 sign-up page.
Dear P.S. 139 families,
The Miss Chocolate fundraiser ends this Friday, October 14th, so there’s still time to get your orders in this week! No contribution is too small and your contribution will have an impact! Please help our Parent Association reach our $7,000 goal in support of after-school clubs this school year. Last year, the P.A. launched spring after-school clubs in robotics, cooking, and the arts. We would love the opportunity to brings the clubs back this year and your support will make all the difference.
Help our Parent Association get the strong fundraising momentum we need in support of our students this year! Please check your home phone messages, the P.S. 139 Yahoo group or Facebook page for details on how to submit catalog orders this Thursday and Friday.
The Parent Association of P.S. 139 Executive Board
On Saturday, October 22nd, PS 139 community members have the opportunity to join New York Cares Day volunteers in completing various projects at PS 139. Past New York CaresDay have been so successful that over 100 volunteers will be sent to 139 on 10/22!
Parents can show up at school to volunteer. The day runs from 9am-12:30pm. No children, please.
Below are some of the projects we will be working on.
Volunteers will help:
- Paint story themed murals surrounding the 2nd grade wing.
- Refresh murals and add details in Kgn and 1st grade wing and add a dual language concept next to room 101 and 203 and add a New York Cares signature.
- Basic gardening projects(pull weeds and plant bulbs in the surrounding green space)
- Clean and organize closet and library
- Volunteers will help organize paperwork in room B3
- Relocate unwanted materials and electronics to room B2B and complete inventory of items and electronics on an excel spreadsheet. Heavy lifting is required for relocating items.
- Paint mural in main office-reflecting the four seasons in the main office.
- Freshen up paint in cafeteria
Mary McDonald, Principal
To view the complete newsletter, please click here