Here’s a list of ways you can get involved with and support your Parent Association at P.S.139:
1. Come to our monthly meetings! Bring your questions, ideas, or concerns.
2. Visit our website and, on the home page, subscribe to our mail list for website updates.
3. Join the P.S. 139 Alexine Fenty School group on Facebook. This group is private and joining this group does NOT automatically make you Facebook friends with the other members of the group.
4. Donate to the Parent Association, either by leaving a donation with your information in the PA box in the Main Office, or via PayPal (there’s a “donate” button on the school website).
5. Get involved in what we do!
Setting our sights:
If you have an idea of an initiative you’d like the PA to take on, bring it to a meeting, or share it with the PA president, or someone else on the board. The PA membership will decide together what we’d like our priorities to be for the year, and your ideas matter!
Contact: Indira Junicic, PA president
Help plan, or volunteer at, events like Harvest Night (Oct. 27), Movie Night, etc.
Jasmina Srdanovic, Co-VP of Event Planning
Natalee Stephens, Co-VP of Event Planning
Organize a bake sale among the families in your child’s grade, help distribute catalog sale items, come up with a school-wide fundraiser, etc.
Contact: Liliana Vasquez, VP of Internal Fundraising
Help research and pursue external sources of support, like grants, donations from local businesses, local fundraisers, etc.
Contact: Susanna Stein, VP of External Fundraising
Help reach out to new families, or families who don’t speak English as a first language, provide translation, organize a walking club, etc.
Contact: Maria Martinez, VP of New Parent Outreach
Communications and Technology:
Write articles for the Rugby Road Reporter, a newsletter for the school community; help update and improve the P.S. 139 website; help disseminate information on the website, Facebook, etc.
Jennifer Lutton, Co-VP of Technology & Communications
Claire Pearce, Co-VP of Technology & Communications
Help design flyers, t-shirts, event banners, etc.
Contact: Charlie Ornegri, Correspondence Secretary
Help grow the garden around our school, and facilitate student engagement with the garden
Contact: Liz Fleischman, Chair, Garden Committee
Help gather information from teachers about how the PA can support them; help stock and maintain the Teacher Supply Closet
Contact: Val Kostinenko, VP of Teacher Support
Are we missing something? Let us know! Our next PA general meeting is Thursday, October 20th, at 5:45pm.
Julie Subrin, P.A. Secretary, and the rest of your 2016-2017 P.S. 139 P.A. Executive Board